15 Practical Things You Should Do Every Time You Travel Abroad
I was fortunate enough to explore 7 countries in 2016. No matter where I travel to in the world, I find that doing the following 15 practical things ALWAYS leads to a pleasant experience!
1. Leave room for spontaneity in your itinerary.
2. Keep an open mind.
3. Write in your journal or collect mementos to trigger memories.
4. Try something new.
5. Always bring extra cash.
6. Never keep all your money in one place.
7. Shop in local grocery stores.
8. Always try the local cuisine.
9. Be curious. Learn about the history of the place you are visiting.
10. Don’t assume everyone knows English.
11. Speak basic phrases in the local language and practice cultural norms.
12. Talk to locals & go where they go.
13. Download offline maps of places you’re going.
14. Take public transportation.