Travel Items I Never Leave the House Without!
When I reflect on when I first started traveling, I bust out laughing thinking about how bad of a packer I was! While preparing for my first international trip to study in South Africa, I asked one of my close friends to come over and help me figure out what I really needed. Even after consulting with her, while in South Africa I didn't use half of the things I brought with me! It took some time, but over the years I have refined my packing system. I use 95% of the stuff I bring and the remaining 5% are items I bring for emergencies that thankfully I don't have to use every time.
No matter where I travel in the world, here are the travel items I never leave the house without:
In my travel backpack I have the following items:
- Snacks: Because being hangry ruins lives!
- Compartmental Toiletry Organizer: I absolutely love my toiletry organizer! It has 4 removable compartments that rolls up into a cube (which saves a lot of space). It also nice to be able to hang it up.
- First Aid Pouch: I'm a big fan of pouches. I've accumulated a lot over the years that I put to good use. My first aid pouch consists of Draminine, anti-diarrheal medication, pain killers, band aids and anti-bacterial cream. Also, I recently added essential oils to my first aid kit.
- Electronics Pouch: This stores my power adapter convertor, my portable charger, and Ipad charger.
- Hand sanitizer
A Cross-body satchel is my bag of choice when I travel overseas. It's the best bag to protect yourself against pickpocketing and thieves. I keep my most important items closest to me.
- Passport: While traveling I keep my passport handy, but once I reach my destination, I travel locally with copies of my passport.
- Cell phone & charger
- Pen: Comes in handy especially when signing custom papers.
- My Life-saving medication: Benedryl, Epi-pen, & Albuterol.
- Hand sanitizer: You can never have too much of this!
On My Body
- Blanket Scarf: I'm usually cold and airports tend to be iceboxes.
- Travel pillow: Great on a long-haul flight or road trips.
Am I missing something? What are some travel items you don't leave the house without? Let me know in the comments!
Want more essential trip planning tips?! Sign up to receive my free eBook!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you click a link and purchase something. I don’t promote items I don’t like, therefore if I am recommending a product/service it is because I truly like it and believe my readers will benefit from it.